£40000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 2 months ago
The Import Export Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring products and components are imported into or exported out of the UK in strict compliance with all applicable import and export laws and regulations. You will take responsibility for setting up and establishing SOPs, processes and required document templates becoming to ‘go to’ expert for everything customs related.
The successful Import Export Compliance Specialist will have extensive knowledge and experience of customs regulations ideally in a consumer goods environment with a knowledge of customs warehouse management.
Key responsibilities Include:
- To lead excellence in customs management and compliance, whilst ensuring that in providing this service, the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies
- Trade compliance - VAT, duty, import & export.
- Ensure proper product classification according to ECCN requirements and determine if licenses are required to Import and/or Export goods
- Apply for, conduct and manage customs warehouse compliance and requirements
- To liaise with both internal and external customers and ensure all clearance queries and requests are resolved/followed through in a timely and effective manner.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive records as needed
- Vendor data management for classification of products.
- Reporting and data gathering for different areas of the business.
- Support on the implementation of new ways of working and processes across the business.
- Work with the wider team on the creation of department SOP's
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.