North West England
£48,000 - £58,000, Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8954
8 months ago
£48,000 - £58,000, Benefits
Chester, Ellesmere Port,, Wrexham, Flint, Deeside, North Wales, Cheshire, Wirral, North West.
A leading SME Food Manufacturer is seeking to appoint a Supply Chain manager / Logistics Manager on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Managing Director and part of the site Senior Management team, the successful Supply Chain Manger / Logistics Manager will be responsible for the end to end function, encompassing delivery of raw materials; planning of production, materials and transport throughout UK and Internationally; controlling and storing of material inventory and dispatch of customer orders.
The successful Supply Chain Manager / Logistics Manager will have previous experience of Supply Chain and Logistics Management within a senior capacity at an SME FMCG Manufacturing environment (food manufacturing desirably) and have experience of working within a hands on, end to end role, whilst being able to remain very close to operations and the detail.
Supply Chain Manager / Logistics Manager responsibilities:
• Promote customer and supplier relationships targeted at improving lead-time, quality and delivery performance as well as reducing cost
• Develop business systems to meet and exceed critical paths
• Prepare, review and issue the monthly supply chain reporting suite
• Ensure supply is maintained in line with the business and customer requirements
•Logistics management across all shipping methods (Chilled Road, Deep Sea, Air & Courier for direct B2C business), including performance management, selection, and understanding capacity constraints as the business grows.
• Manage the ERP system to create valid MPS & MRP information systems
• Support functional goals and initiatives, through KPI performance measures
• Identify forecast demands and trends to facilitate accurate and timely manufacturing plans/ procurement needs
• Manage and control inventory levels of both finished goods and raw materials to be within agreed parameters and maintain accurate stock levels
• Ensure warehouses are operated under best practice principles, including employee safety and GMP
• Integrate R&D opportunities and NPD launches into the supply chain
• Evaluate the resources, training and development of the supply chain team
• Identify, support and contribute to the site profit improvement programme
• Participate within and provide support to the broader operational team
• Management of the supply chain cost centre budget process
Application via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.