£107 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
6 days ago
Our Client provides smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets.
An opportunity has arisen within their water sector for a Scheduler to support them with one of their Utilities framework contracts based in Warrington.
They provide overall management and delivery of their Client's larger-scale water and wastewater asset maintenance activities across the entirety of its network, including 96 water treatment and 575 wastewater treatment sites, which serves over six million people in the North West of England.
The Service Desk handle a high volume of telephone contact including, emergency and planned maintenance work orders aswell as other correspondence from a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
The environment is fast paced, target focused and committed to regulatory, and health and safety requirements.
The role demands strong individuals to manage work orders and work within set Key Performance Targets (KPI’s) and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) to deliver outstanding customer service to our Client, via phone calls from the client’s site managers and engineers, or direct transfers from the scheduling system.
The role advertised is to take the downstream of work orders once assessed and triaged by our team of Engineering Assistants, and then to book work with their scheduling teams to allow joint visits between our supply chain and their site employees.
This is very time-specific and needs a focused individual to ensure all work is processed promptly, efficiently, and successfully.
Requiring a friendly and helpful demeanour as developing key relationships with personnel and supply chain is essential to expedite work. Within the team, a constructive attitude is vital to ensuring proper teamwork and practices and promote an excellent team spirit environment
Empathy with the client’s Point of View, especially to be able to resolve any problems efficiently and with grace.
Conduct themselves in a professional and helpful manner
Time management and the skill of prioritising
Communication. Face-to-face with client and colleagues, by phone with supply chain and client representatives, and the ability to discourse through email professionally
The key responsibilities of the role are outlined below, however this is an overview of the role and is not exhaustive. You maybe assigned other duties commensurate with the role as required.
This customer delivery role will require a friendly and helpful demeanour to develop key relationships with personnel and our supply chain and is essential to expedite work.
Focus will be to deliver profitability, quality administration and first-time resolution of any queries. Therefore, communication is key for engagement through various methods, face to face, phone and email, and the ability to discourse through email professionally is key to customer excellence.
The role demands a strong individual to demonstrate time management skills and prioritisation in high volume, demand lead work and be able to work as part of a team to promote improvement processes and practices in a constructive positive manner and promote team spirit.
Liaising with a client on an exclusive level, working within their framework and their scheduling teams, requires an individual with flexibility.
Different methods are sometimes needed to get the job done, and patience and courtesy are requisite qualities of this individual.
This framework is unique and, in its infancy, and consequently processes are adapting and evolving. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate that they embrace and contribute towards beneficial change.
• Communicate with clarity, conviction, and enthusiasm, supporting principles of fairness for opportunity for all.
• Help to promote and enhance key relationships with personnel.
• Work closely with the team/engineers to ensure an efficient flow of information.
• Positive contribution to team meetings, team values and mission statement whilst promoting continuous improvement and sharing best practices.
• Work alongside the Service Desk Manager to maintain and drive better relationships with stakeholders in the field/regions, and wider organisation to drive core activities, gaining feedback for continuous improvements.
• Drive and take ownership to deliver own objectives and performance to deliver to set Key Performance Targets (KPI’s) return to service times and first-time resolution.
• Manage conflicting priorities, identify, and overcome barriers for performance and make sound decision to be able to deliver service.
• Effective delivery of scheduled work with engagement with personnel and supply chain, to ensure effective and timely delivery of service, and monitor to achieve excellent return to service times.
• Prioritisation of different work orders and adapting to new requests accordingly
• Calmly work under pressure by working with people to get jobs moving through effective return to service delivery.
• Obtaining and recording accurate works information from key personnel and providing updates where required.
• Analysing work requirements and contact relevant disciplines to gain best approach, working with Team Leader and Technical Assurance leads where appropriate.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
• Demonstrate a positive commitment to equalities and diversity.
• Adherence to Health and Safety Procedures and awareness to wellbeing and client workspace guidelines were required.
• Open to feedback culture, knowledge sharing, team working and positive contribution within meetings and training.
• Assurance is measured therefore is to be delivered and met whilst driving timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
• Provide the expected service levels and quality by adopting and driving a positive attitude to feedback and helpful behaviours.
• Support Technical Assurance Leads on customer complaints and best possible resolution, to ensure that root cause analysis and a future proactive approach is taken whenever possible.
• Ensure records are maintained effectively and professionally in the appropriate software system/database in accordance with the operating processes for the MSP Service Desk.
• Ensure use of corporate branding and standards of communication in all correspondence and Standard Work Instructions (SWI’s)
The Scheduler role is our entry level position, and after being comfortable within this role, the aim would be that the successful candidate would be able to progress to the Technical Scheduler role. This is more details of each specific job and working with United Utilities engineers to understand, scope and facilitate work progression.
Therefore the best candidate will have an open mind and not be over-whelmed by learning technical concepts and terms to be able to converse and diagnose with engineers. Training will be given, but being unafraid of technical concepts is desirable at this stage
Awareness of standard MS Office applications
Experience in the Water & Wastewater Industry would be a bonus
Good interpersonal skills at all levels
Experience in customer service delivery, in high volume and fast paced environment
Methodical and accurate and able to capture all necessary data and react quickly when required
Ability to manage conflicting priorities, understand and apply procedures, identify barriers to deliver on performance.
Exceptional problem-solving skills – use own initiative to make sound decisions.
Able to maintain resilience and focus in a fast-paced environment
Able to prioritise and reprioritise tasks
Experience, in scheduling/ delivery work within field team operations
Flex skills to use appropriate tone when liaising with the client (written and verbal)
Excellent Communication Skills to provide direction and support across own teams and resolve conflict arising from service delivery
Forward-thinking and sees change as progress
Systems: MS Dynamics & MS Excel
45 hours per week Mon - Fri 07:30 – 17:00 or 08:00 – 17:30
£107 paye per day
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.