£27000 - £33000 per annum, Benefits: Great work-life balance, career progression/development
+44 (0)151 666 8958
Warranty Surveyor Manchester
8 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for any ambitious professionals with either some level of experience in Structural Warranty whom are looking to further develop towards Chartership; or an aspiring Building Surveyor / Clerk of Works with an interest in construction philosophy and technical knowledge of building regulations. The role will be a mix between office and remote working.
The organisation currently manage circa 1200+ live projects nationally, ranging from £500k to £300m in value, up to 55 storeys in height and a mix of domestic, commercial, PRS etc. They have recently made some key strategic, senior appointments that have allowed them to further strengthen their presence both in the North and Nationally, so this really is an exciting time to be a part of the journey, and a fantastic opportunity to grow with a business who’s people are at the centre of their values.
About the Role:
The primary purpose of the role is to provide site inspection and construction expertise from a structural warranty / latent defect perspective, for new developments on behalf of national warranty providers.
- Inspecting homes being constructed and/or converted, working with Developers and Builders to ensure works are in accordance with building regulations.
- Recording inspection details and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out developer assessments during the life of the projects
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters to ensure standards are maintained and procedures adhered to throughout the life-cycle of the build.
- Relevant site inspection and/or basic understanding of the build process and building regulations gained from practical delivery.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the building regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- Prior experience in building control / warranty, quality or defect resolution is desirable.
- A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims is desirable.
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology.
- Ideally at least part member of relevant professional organisations: ACIOB / ACABE / LICWCI / AACQP / TechRICS.
- Full UK Driving Licence is required
For a confidential discussion and/or further information about this opportunity, please get in touch with Curtis Sanderson (Principal Consultant) on 0151 666 8958 or curtiss @ scantec.co.uk.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.