Competitive salary and package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
14 days ago
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an EC&I Engineer with a strong Control & Instrumentation Engineering background and previous experience of working with automated process systems.
The EC&I Engineer will deliver the company’s maintenance plan and contract service level agreements, and support the Engineering Manager with the mechanical and electrical development of the site.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
• Overseeing planned preventive maintenance and inspections of electrical equipment, instrumentation, and site control systems, 50% office 50% field based
• Assessing breakdowns of electrical equipment, instrumentation, and site control systems and determining the plan for repair. This includes liaison with specialist contractors and coordination with site Operations team to plan/ permit repairs
• Data entry into the Company’s internal system to keep asset records up to date
• Attend and participate in risk assessments and Health & Safety meetings
• Undertake Permit-to-Work and house-keeping audits
• Liaise with contractors, check and approve RAMS as required
• Provide support to the Engineering Manager
• Interface with Site Project Teams as required
• Spares Management, responsible for spares ordering, usage and stock control
• Electrical/ Instrument equipment isolations
The ideal candidate will have:
• Higher National Certificate or Diploma (HNC/HND) or equivalent in a Control, Electrical or Instrumentation biased Engineering-based field
• Proven experience of working with automated process systems
• Understanding of Control of Work systems
• Understanding of the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
• Ability to adapt to different environments
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to analyse numerical data
• Well organised with good time management skills
• Experience in the petrochemical/oil/gas industry preferred, or similar hazardous
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.