£40000 - £42000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Life Insurance, Training Budget
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
£42000 on experience, 25+8 days annual leave, Free onsite parking, pension , life insurance, heath plans scheme, learning and development budget
An exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join one of the biggest employers in the area at their site in Sheffield as part of their Health and Safety team.
The role would suit someone who is used to working in a heavy industrial environment and is seeking either progression or some real stability at present. The role will oversee the health and safety meetings for your section and support the operations team in managing the sites health and safety practices.
- To ensure legal compliance for health and safety in the workplace and the delivery of the Company Health & Safety strategy and initiatives for site.
- Providing health and safety advice to operations team, employees, visitors and contractors
- Organising and planning of regular health and safety meetings and effective contribution therein
- Continually keeping abreast of industry trends and maintaining good awareness of relevant health and safety practices
- Development of a positive safety culture within the relevant operational area through effective coaching, training and engagement activities
- Audits and inspections of the relevant operational area to ensure legal compliance
- Ensure objectives and targets for relevant operational area are managed effectively and proactively driven using planning tools
- Ensure the relevant operational area has the resource and facilities required for emergency situations
- Ensure incident investigations are conducted in a timely manner including root cause analysis and corrective action close out
- Prepare and participate as required with external audits by relevant authorities, customers etc.
- Assist and support in the creation, implementation and review of Risk Assessments, Safe Working Procedures and Method Statements.
- Along with other H&S team members deliver management and employee training for H&S related topics
- Management of contractors including PQQ, induction, monitor and review.
- Communicate and facilitate environmental initiatives proactively
- Manage health and safety projects that arise from business needs
- Assist in responding to environmental incidents in line with Company policy and reporting requirements
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.