£40000 - £43000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Life Insurance, Private Health, Plus other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 month ago
£40000 - 43000, attractive package including pension scheme with generous company contributions, private health insurance, life insurance, flexible working and free parking, plus access to wellbeing and discount employee schemes.
Continental Shift Pattern, 12 hour shifts across days, nights and weekends. The shift pattern you will be working creates a great work-life balance with 7-day breaks every 4 weeks and 14-day breaks throughout the year! You work on average of 14 days per month in this role.
As a result of continued success my client has an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer with Electrical bias to join an existing maintenance team in their modern manufacturing facility based in Blackburn.
An exciting time to join this organisation, our client is a world leading manufacturer of a range products for a variety of industries on a global scale. They are an award winning business, with over 30 years experience within their specialist sector, encompassing design development and manufacturing of their own specific product range on site.
Should you be time served electrically but have picked up mechanical skills over the years then this role would suit. Our client manufacture plastic products used within PPE, lighting, construction and many other industries. If you come from a manufacturing background and are keen to work for a company that offer a really good work life balance then this role might suit you perfectly.
- Taking responsibility to ensure the production line runs effectively at all times
- First point of contact to manage any break downs, diagnose and repair any faults efficiently to avoid production down time.
- Keep on top of ongoing maintenance schedules and the expectation to identify improvement opportunities.
- Competence in Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumental Engineering based faults and maintenance (PLC knowledge and experience is also beneficial)
- This is a fast-paced and reactive environment with fast and effective fault-finding and problem solving skills needed
- Electrical City & Guilds, NVQ, HNC, ONC qualification or equivalent
- Mechanical maintenance experience but no qualification necessary
- Experience within a manufacturing setting, ideally from a chemical background however other industries will be considered
- Familiar with safe systems of work such as Permit to Work, Enter, Hot Work, Confined Space Entry
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.