Competitive salary and package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
17 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Trainer to join a leading consultancy that provides integrated infrastructure solutions to clients across the UK’s energy, water, transportation, and defence markets.
The Health and Safety Trainer is responsible for delivering training to individuals to achieve their safety passport. Currently, due to the pandemic, this is delivered on-line, but will soon move to face-to-face training.
What will I be doing?
The Health and Safety Trainer is responsible for ensuring the development, maintenance and delivery of high-quality onboarding and training processes, on behalf of a large utilities framework. They will ensure the effective delivery of training and development programmes to meet identified individual, business and client needs.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Support the development of the fast-paced process and operational Health and Safety onboarding process
- Ensure the training needs are adhered to
- Accountable for conducting drug & alcohol testing during onboarding
- Deliver four sessions per week in centralised location (or site based depending on needs)
- Ability to travel to various sites across operational area due to business needs of one site session per week
- Design, develop and deliver training sessions in respect of business needs
- To secure advice and information from external bodies and organisations
- Provide advice and guidance on all matters of legislation, regulations regarding Health and Safety issues
Essential Work Based Skills/Competencies:
- Professional qualification (preferably City and Guilds) with several years post qualification experience in training service provision
- Experience of working in a construction environment
- Working knowledge of TW H&S, Environmental, systems including Policies, Procedures, HSP’s, HIS’s and ES
- Computer literate with strong Presentation skills and an ability to build rapport at all levels
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Manages self and organises time and priorities to meet objectives
- High personal standard showing drive and efficiency
- Current UK driving licence due to substantial travelling required
- NEBOSH qualification General / Construction
- Member of IOSH or H&S education / training board or APM
- Resilient, organised, professional, accepts responsibility, Influencing, building relationships
The client are looking for someone with the right behaviours and ability to present to a wide audience on a daily basis.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.