£35000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Additional Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
6 months ago
£35k plus, pension, holiday and additional benefits
Market Rasen (Lincoln)
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of business with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries. Due to expansion the business are looking at taking on a brand new role for a Process Engineer to support a team of 6 Machine Setters to ensure improve and optimise the setting processes within the moulding process.
This role is a process focused role as the company introduce several new products and associated tooling to ensure client specifications are met. This role aims to add experience to the team from within the plastic packaging sector and give someone the opportunity to impart their own influence on the department.
Should you have a background in setting or operating blow or injection moulding equipment, and have progressed into more of a process focused background then this role would suit perfectly.
- Facilitate change while solving problems and improving operational systems, processes & procedures to ensure all targets are met.
- Undertaking trial work, managing NPI Projects, with an aim to achieve time and budget expectations, whilst providing robust Settings for use in production.
- Providing leadership for the setters and through problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Optimise production processes to gain cost reductions and improve product‐manufacturing performance through continuous improvement projects, data analysis and procedural changes.
- In conjunction with Tool Room & Planning departments this role will ensure workflow distribution to the relevant skilled staff, including the ordering of raw materials, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules and resolving problems as and when they arise.
- All employees are required to maintain safe working practices by adhering to the Health and Safety policies of the company in place at any given time.
- This role aims to help support the sites drive on its CI/Lean journey, and a candidate with experience or qualification/training in this area would be well suited
- The ability to use organisational skills to ensure multiple tasks are prioritised and delivered to agreed objectives across the team
- Recognized Injection Moulding accreditation IE‐BPTA/PTIC. Would be beneficial, although industry experience will also be considered
- Overhead Crane Licence
- IT literate.
- Programing of axis robot trained
- Broad knowledge and technical understanding of all aspects of plastic injection moulding tooling and polymers
- Experience in trouble‐shooting and process optimisation.
- Experience working with Extrusion Blow Moulding and Injection Blow Moulding tooling and processes (desirable)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.