£70000 - £85000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Private Health, Flexible Working, Sick Pay, Life Assurance
+44 (0)151 666 8999
19 days ago
£70-80k – Holiday 25 +8 days , Flexible Working, Long Service Awards, Excellent Pension, Sick Pay, Life Assurance, Private Health
Are you interested in joining a well established not for profit organization that’s grown by over 700 staff in the past 10 years, and have scope to grow hugely in the next two years. The businesses remit is to make the UK more productive and received funding from a variety of different methods including UK government.
The role is to develop and run Data & Information projects and act as tech consultant for projects across the business. This role is to undertake research work focused on Manufacturing Capability Readiness Levels (MCRL’s) for a range of member businesses across the UK in some of the most technologically advanced markets.
You’ll be tasked with supporting the Data and Information Systems in the development and deployment of projects within within IT and OT (Operational Technologies) convergence areas. Projects you’ll be involved in with be relating to manufacturing enterprise systems, analysis systems and software development.
Should you harbor a keen interest in IOT, industry 4.0 with the following experience and lots of scope for progression then please get in touch.
- To develop proposals for individual research projects to meet clients’ needs in full;
- To ensure that research work is undertaken to meet or exceed the customers’ quality expectations and to project manage it within the budgets and timescales allocated to each project;
- To promote our clients capabilities through publications in International Journals and presentations at prestigious conferences, to Professional Bodies and Specialist Interest Groups with due consideration of confidentiality requirements associated with particular areas of research / projects;
- Independent supply of project's technical deliverables; Technical leadership of project and work package portfolio >£250K and of strategic initiatives;
- Project management of project and/or work package portfolio >£250K and strategic initiatives;
- Customer and partner liaison in large collaborative projects to ensure requirements capture, project delivery, overall project direction;
- Lead engagement with new customers and win new business;
- To provide technical advice and troubleshooting support to all of our clients staff and seconded staff working in the area;
- To provide advice and information to the Chief Engineer of Digital Engineering and the Technology Manager (Data & Information Systems) on the development of resources (staff, equipment and building) to meet the forward technology plan
- Substantial work experience on relevant manufacturing systems in industrial manufacturing or R&D environments;
- Industrial experience of enterprise system deployments and Operational Technologies (OT) elements within manufacturing (i.e. MES, MRP, ERP, SCADA etc.);
- Industrial experience of Information Technologies (IT) technology stack used within the new digital manufacturing era, including the hardware infrastructure and software applications used to transform data.
- Adopt industry best practices and technologies to architect IT and OT solutions that appropriately integrate into the overall technology footprint.
- Working knowledge of network security e.g. e.g. ISO27001 PAS 1192-5/6;
- Demonstrable understanding of Industrial IoT frameworks;
- Knowledge of Business Process Modelling (BPMN), Object Oriented Modelling, Unified Process (UML2);
- Experience using SQL for data extraction and management (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL);
- Experience and expert knowledge of at least one of the high level programming languages (Java, C/C++, C#, Python, Rust or Go);
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.