£35 - £45 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
8 months ago
Our Client is seeking a DP Engineer on a part time basis to provide electrical distribution engineering to support to the TfGM Metrolink Capacity Improvement Programme, ensuring works are specified, designed and constructed to the desired quality and reliability to realise the benefits required from the works.
Either light or heavy rail electrification experience particularly traction substation knowledge.
Preferable to have DC electrification experience.
Activities will include;
- Attend project progress meetings to support the Project Manager on technical issues.
- Input into the tender evaluation process.
- Review and respond to RFIs (request for information) & clarity from the Design and Build Invitation to Tender as required.
- Attend design reviews to ensure that the designer has understand TfGM’s requirements.
- Undertake design reviews and coordinate response from other discipline engineers in the Metrolink engineering team.
- Ensure the Metrolink Engineering Assurance Procedure is followed.
- Attend hazard identification workshops.
- Witness testing activities undertaken by the contractor.
- Support the interface with the Metrolink operator for the smooth transfer of the new asset into operation and maintenance.
- Undertake snagging visits and collate the snag list.
Duration 6 months for 2.5 days a week
Rate is negotiabnle (Inside IR35)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.