£245 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 months ago
Reporting to the relevant section engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that the works elements under your control are delivered to the correct quality and in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner. Working collaboratively with the wider project team to deliver successful project outcomes
• Supervise the works to ensure the highest standards of health and safety are maintained.
• In conjunction with the surveyors ensure all setting out is present and correct before work starts
• Ensure all RAMS are in place prior to works commencing.
• Setting out on-site by various methods (GPS / EDM / Total Station, etc…) for all aspects of work whether drainage / earthworks / roadworks / ducting / site clearance / fencing / structures etc…
• Work as part of a team and assist all team members as & when required. However, be able to undertake site duties individually or seek assistance where necessary
• Complete a daily diary of works being undertaken on-site with accurate & comprehensive details with regular site photos
• Complete check sheet’s for quality standards, in accordance with ITP’s
• Assist or undertake safety inspections & workplace inspections
• Raise & issue permits to work as required
• Undertake CAT & Genny surveys prior to excavation works commencing.
• Attend site meetings in relation to programme / safety / working areas
• Good communication skills with team / sub-contractors / general public / Client
• Be able to undertake site survey and produce sketches of survey work / construction sequences.
• Communicate with the project team, issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence, maintaining comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works.
• Submit regular safety observations.
• Record resources and monitor outputs against programme.
• Management of any apprentice engineers as required.
• Civil Engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, MEng).
• Minimum 5 years’ experience delivering highways drainage and roadworks.
• The ability to manage and control tasks and lead a team
• Site Supervisory Safety Training SSSTS (minimum)/Site Management Safety Training SMSTS (preferred).
• Relevant CSCS Card.
• Other relevant training (preferred includes Confined Space entry and management, NRSWA, CPCS Appointed Person, relevant lifting training and temporary works co-ordination).
• Understanding of Engineering Principles and extensive technical knowledge of specifications (Spec for Highway Works), construction techniques and best practices
• Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Primavera software).
• Successful experience at a Site Engineer level.
• CAT4+ training and experience.
• Safety Critical Medical (optional)
Typical Working Hours :
• Mon – Fri ( 07.30 to 18.00hrs )
• Sat & Sun ( only required to suit road closures or specific works – advance notice will be provided )
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.