£25000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Life Insurance, Holiday, Attendance Bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8999
8 months ago
Circa 25k Hours of Work: 8.00am-4.00pm/9.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week/40 minutes per day paid break) 30 days holiday total including statutory days, Pension, Life Insurance, Attendance Bonus Leave Reward (up to 4 days per year)
An exciting opportunity to join the Project Management team of a successful FMCG manufacturing business based in Redditch. This role comes at a time when they are the busiest they have pretty much ever been and have a number of exciting products in development. The purpose of the Project Manager’s role is to actively support both new product introduction and existing product introduction projects effectively from handover to launch. Working closely with the NPI Manager and EPI Manager within the business and will be responsible for the handling of key product data within internal systems and the active communication of timings and project status with both internal and external stakeholders, providing the direction and momentum each new product launch and change requires.
This role suits someone who has been working around manufacturing, specifically in a projects team as a Coordinator, or Junior PM where they are potentially working with the introduction of new products or being involved in the management of existing ones. This role would suit someone looking to continue their journey into a full fledged Project Managers role overseeing projects on behalf of the business, the opportunity for growth and development is certainly there in this position.
- Support all project handovers by reviewing product specifications and following up with team members to capture all key project related data.
- Build formal project timelines unique to each launch or change, using MS Project to accurately capture actions, decisions and milestones per product launch. Focus on and demonstrate a clear sequence of events to achieve successful product launches, setting overall stakeholder expectation.
- Whilst launches follow a typical sequence of events, note that there is no fixed template to work by, and so ensure that any
- development, artwork, material lead times, production, shipping and product launch stages are clearly demonstrated.
- Consider product validation and regulatory requirements as part of the project workflow and overall timings.
- As the Project Manager, follow each launch and transition carefully, managing the communication of timings and actions with all stakeholders.
- As projects evolve, capture and communicate any changes from the original brief, particularly if project direction and
- commercial agreements are at risk. Ensure any new plans are clearly defined and understood.
- The Project Manager will support both the NPI and EPI Manager through clear customer engagement, taking part in all customer project calls, with a view to increase understanding of customer specific requirements. Where relevant you must seek clear and concise criteria for inclusion in the master timeline.
- As Project Manager, be an active participant and be the first to act. It is expected that all project movement and direction come from the projects team, so be engaged throughout the process.
- Where appropriate lead internal and external meetings and manage the various forms of communication through clearly documented actions and follow ups.
- Take full accountability for the coordination of the project from kick-off and throughout its duration.
- Be on active support duty for all live projects, delivering a fresh approach to the existing processes, and offering new ways of working where efficiencies can be improved.
- Work closely with the different Product Manager’s within the business, sharing all deadline dates, material compositions, supplier details and changes as they become available.
- Arrange pre- or post-production material or sample requirements as part of the customer sign-off to proceed, requesting this information in a timely manner and communicate these needs to internal stakeholders to action.
- Coordinate internal pre-production meetings, formally handing over the manufacture of the product to the Cl Team. Raise any key watch-outs and review the product footprint in detail along with the final manufacturing specification.
- At project handover, consider that there may be unknown product data for project set-up and that these require follow-up to maintain project timings, e.g., artwork cutter guides, pallet plans, customer codes, component specifications, etc.
- You will manage the system set-up within Agile PLM and JDE using the formal handover document 'Product Set-up Form'
- (PSF). You will create and activate finished good and component part numbers to share with stakeholders. You will also consider any generic components undergoing transition.
- Transfer any project decision updates (transitions, materials, suppliers, etc) via Agile to ensure the system reflects the latest product information. This is the tool to accurately capture changes and costs to the Bill of Materials (BOM) components.
- As part of your relationship with the wider Operations team, you will communicate the final product specification via a Manufacturing Specification document, whereby the project will be formally handed over to the Continuous Improvement team.
- Carry out product content checks as part of the Agile PLM document approval process, to ensure that the product as sold by the sales team and agreed with the customer is reflected in the internal systems.
4-5 years relevant experience, post qualifications (A-Levels or Degree) but not necessarily qualifications in Project Management.
Ability to work with accuracy and a good level of numeric and literacy skills.
A good knowledge of IT including Word, Project & Excel.
Attention to detail is a key requirement of this role
Experience of working with customer is preferred.
Travel may be required.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.