£213 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
8 months ago
Our Client is a technology-based engineering solutions Company operating nationally across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Gatwick station currently experiences significant passenger congestion both at platform level and in the existing station concourse. The project seeks to provide a world class passenger interchange from plane to train.
It will improve passenger experience by providing a new concourse which will reduce congestion, improve vertical circulation and provide an intuitive connection with airport terminals.
Our Client's contract with Network Rail is to provide GRIP 3 to 8 services, from concept design through to detailed design, construction, testing and commissioning and handover.
Site Engineer - Self Delivery.
Durantion: 6 months
Location: Gatwick Airport
Reporting to: Senior Engineer
Relationships: Suppliers – Concrete and Reinforcement
The position available is within the Self Delivery Team at Gatwick Station Project, focusing on the Platform 3 & 4 and Back of house building deliverables.
The Platform 3 & 4 self-delivery works include the construction of a lift pit pile cap and pile caps to support the new Platform steelwork structure, as well as any associated below ground drainage for the platform.
The platform finishes are also included in the package.
The works on platform 7 are to be carried out in close proximity to the operational rail. It must be completed safely, to the right quality and on time. Creating a positive relationship with Network Rail and Gatwick Airport Ltd that enhances our Clients reputation.
The Back of House (BOH) building self- delivery works include construction of a retaining wall, pile caps, ground beams and the associated drainage and earthworks.
There are also connections to existing buildings to be made on the first-floor level along with a floor slab.
The BOH building involves architectural concrete finishes and development of heavy temporary works schemes to facilitate construction.
As Site Engineer, the role will include dimensional control of all works, production of TBS, ITP’s and permits to enable works, as well as raising safety observations and driving the projects safety and quality behaviours. Specifics of the role are below.
Ensuring all works are delivered safely in compliance to the Costain Way, Network Rail and where appropriate GAL process.
· Conduct weekly TRM and engagement
· Support daily start of shift briefing
· Write TBS
· Write permits to enable works (Dig and drill etc)
· Support the project in the raising of Safety Observations
· Ensure all safety paperwork is produced on time and to the correct quality to enable the Section Manager to approve
· Ensure all Network Rail, Gatwick Airport and Costain permits are in place for works.
· Attend risk readiness reviews (as required)
Quality and assurance
· Ensure completion of all works with an approved ITP ensuring that all works are assured as works completed. Creating and supporting a culture of “Right first time” and ensuring “progressive assurance”.
·Conduct weekly quality surveillance
·Ensure all elements of work are covered by an appropriate and approved ITP check sheet to provide assurance
· Ensure progressive quality assurance
· Facilitate and arrange independent checking of elements as required
· Produce NCR’s where required
· Completion of red-line drawings and assimilation of assurance packs information
Programme and delivery
The following will be expected but is not extensive:
·Contribute to the short-term planning of the works through liaison with the delivery team
·Attend and support co-ordination meetings
·Preparing and delivering tool box talks and supporting the start of shift briefings
·Keeping accurate site diaries and record information for works done and supporting the commercial team
·Raising STQs as required for design and client review
· Producing temporary works design briefs, managing the installation of temporary works with the approved construction drawings, ensuring all temporary works are covered under Permits to Load
·Liaising with client representatives to ensure works comply with the requirements agreed in the Inspection Test Plans
·Producing clear and accurate setting out of works and working effectively with the survey team
·Procurement of materials required for works
· Ensuring that our works are planned and delivered without any adverse impact on the station, airport or operational railway. Supporting a positive relationship with the station and GAL and ensuring that the passenger experience is enhanced during the delivery of our works. Ensuring compliance to Network Rail and GAL processes.
Commercial and contract
·Working closely with the commercial and planning team to ensure the contract is administered correctly with the Client. Be aware of the project KPIs and contribute towards achieving them.
·Build positive relationships with the Client team and meet their needs.
·Create and support a culture of wellbeing that delivers high levels of performance and productivity.
Continuous improvement and innovation
·Support a culture of learning, continuous improvement and innovation. Ensure that learning from previous project experience is embedded leading to improvement of processes and relationships.
About You .
Must have experienced in RC Frames/Steel Structures, Piling and Drainage
.Must have experience of working on Network Rail projects and being familiar with Network Rail standards
.Experience of delivering projects at a UK airport
.Experience of working on complex station projects
.Experienced in effective safety leadership and engagement
.Degree qualified or high learning achieved
.Member of a relevant professional body and working towards professional membership
08:00 - 18:00 10hrs
Day rate £213 Paye / UMB
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.