£26.28 per hour, Benefits: £34.70 Umbrella
+44 (0)151 666 8943
8 months ago
3 months initially but high potential of review / extension
4on/4off 2day 2 nights. 7-7
Average 42 hrs per week. Lots of overtime available
Pay: £26.28 p/h PAYE ….£34.70 Umbrella
3 month contract to support core team – reviewed regularly and possibly extended but this cannot be guaranteed.
Experience of continuous Improvement / SOP's, Work orders, breakdowns on HVAC, Boilers. Other associated utilities equipment - clean steam generators, boilers, pure water (PW) and water fit for injection (WFI) systems, HVAC and compressed air. Auto claves and Lancer auto washers.
This will be within the site utilities and services engineering team
Ensure effective management and ownership of departmental improvement and development programs are achieved and operational decisions made and executed in a timely manner in order to meet department and site objectives. To effectively manage operational issues through use of improvement techniques and problem solving skills to enhance departmental performance and compliance
Required to perform a broad range of varied planned and unplanned maintenance activities that support the overall team and business objectives.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Deliver engineering support to customers for planned and unplanned maintenance requirements and;
- Plan and execute routine work
- Ensure all documentation is completed, accurately in a timely manner and signed by the relevant personnel
- Ensure compliance with HSE regulations
- Be aware of and comply with all operating procedures in all operational areas.
- Support organisational change, process improvements and continuous improvement initiatives. Demonstrate Engineering competency at a level to be able to carry out PPM activity, plus some specialist knowledge in limited areas
- Complete engineering activities across a range of equipment - clean steam generators, boilers, pure water (PW) and water fit for injection (WFI) systems, HVAC and compressed air. Auto claves and Lancer auto washers.
- Understand, execute and promote a cGMP compliant culture, ensure the highest standards of housekeeping and safety are applied within their own work area and shared work shop are compliant
- Be flexible when working in idle periods either for maintenance shutdowns or none production periods to switch from Nights to Days and appropriate patterns to facilitate correct maintenance regimes and support other parts of the business/site as required
To be considered for this role you must be apprentice trained / time served and be have the relevant Mechanical engineering qualifications (Min NVQ Level 3 / HND) In a Mechanical discipline.
Ideally you will have experience of working within the pharmaceutical sector, but we are happy to consider other GMP backgrounds outside of pharma (Food or Chemical Manufacturing) as long as you have worked within site utilities with similar equipment
Experience / knowledge of GMP as well as associated utilities equipment - clean steam generators, boilers, pure water (PW) and water fit for injection (WFI) systems, HVAC and compressed air. Auto claves and Lancer auto washers.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.