£19500 - £21315 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
7 months ago
Salary - £19,500 - £21,315
Full Time, Permanent
Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 5pm
A leading FMCG Manufacturer is seeking an Accounts Payable to join their team and provide flexible cover for the accounting function; Accounts payable, Intercompany & Banking. You will have the responsibility of taking ownership of the Accounts Payable function, ensuring invoices and payments are processed correctly and on time. This is a new role into the site to support continued growth within the business.
Core area’s of responsibility:
- Post invoices within the month to which they relate ensuring the GRNI account is cleared on a monthly basis
- Process staff expenses and ensure they are paid within agreed timescales.
- Perform high volume data entries and processing, on a daily basis, ensuring invoices are properly authorised, coded and posted onto the system in a timely fashion.
- Carry out statement reconciliations – following up to ensure any missing invoices are requested and received and any queries resolved.
- Monitor payments made against pro-forma to ensure invoices are received and payments cleared down on SAP.
- Pro-actively manage the Aged Payables – ensuring appropriate action is taken to clear overdue items.
- Ensure invoices are posted on a monthly basis to clear direct debit accounts.
- Ensure regular costs, e.g., catering, security, warehousing are generated on a monthly basis ahead of month end.
- Provide assistance to the auditors during the interim and year end audits, ensuring requested information is provided in a timely fashion
Good IT skills, MS office - particularly Excel. Experience of working in an accounting environment is eesntial. (some credit control experience would be a strong advantage). Studying towards CIMA /ACCA/ AAT (preferable) – study support can be offered in this role (home study / evening course only). GSCE Maths and English Grade C or above (Mandatory). ERP system experience (SAP or similar).
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.