Competitive salary and package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
4 months ago
My client are global leader in public transport infrastructure, specialising in the mass transit and rail markets. With a presence in 80 countries, they manages over 3,000 projects for high-speed systems, traditional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Principal CDM Designer to join the Systems Safety Assurance team. This is a critical role working with key clients and delivering compliance across high profile projects across the UK. They are seeking a specialist CDM Principal Designer with real depth of experience who can bring their expertise to the team and have an immediate impact.
- Working on client projects to ensure compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 within the Pre-Construction Phase, through execution of the Principal Designer Duty (Regulation 11)
- Undertaking regular monitoring and inspection of company projects from a CDM perspective to report on levels of compliance and identify lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
- Providing input to focus groups where requested including Technical Board, Safe By Design
- Promote effective Design Risk Management throughout the company
- Facilitation of Hazard Identification, Hazard Review and other design focussed Workshops
- Provide assistance to the company with regards business development and continual improvement through collaboratively working with other disciplines to enhance service delivery and processes
- Provide guidance and Management on issues involving CDM and general construction activities as well as other regulatory requirements relating to the portfolio of works (multi-sector construction)
- To secure repeat business through proactive Client management.
- To win work by assisting proposals with the technical input into bids/estimates and proposals
- To manage and work to agreed budgets
- Provide support to the System Safety Manager and Systems Team.
- Provide support to any project and Client as allocated
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced in the successful application and management of CDM in a multi-disciplinary Railway project environment (Client, Designer and Principal Designer duties.)
- Highly Knowledge in Risk Assessment and Design Risk Management process and techniques
- A NEBOSH Construction and/or design Certificate.
- Effective communicator able to chair and control multi-disciplinary meetings
- Able to manage and plan your own workload effectively
- Able to foster high levels of co-operation and co-ordination between project teams and individual members
- Able to carry out their duty on both Complex Multi-Disciplinary and Simple projects working alongside existing Designers and external designers where applicable.
- Able to audit and inspect internal projects and processes
- Ideally membership of or working towards membership of a relevant professional institution eg. IOSH, ICE, APS
- Significant experience within the railway industry working at a similar level (Principal Designer / Senior Designer / Engineer level).
- Strong levels of experience and knowledge of engineering design and construction principles and standards (Rail industry an advantage)
- Solid understanding of the General Principals of Prevention and its application and promotion through the design phase
- Experience of general construction activities and methods
- Good knowledge of engineering design standards for the UK Rail Network and British and European Standards
- Lead by example, living the company vision, mission and values
- Nurtures business and Client relationships
- Able to challenge opinion and way of thinking of others in a professional and pro-active manner.
- Able to lead and support others through compliance with CDM requirements
- Shows passion and enthusiasm
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team working; demonstrate effective working/communicating across teams within the company to ensure delivery of projects
- Self-motivated team player; able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Commercial awareness
- IT Computer literate – specifically Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to stand in front of groups and instruct
- To uphold and act in accordance with the Businesses values, behaviours and strategic objectives within the context of the duties of the post.
- To support and adhere to the Businesses policy on Equality, Diversion and Inclusion.
- To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and associated legislation in so far as they relate to the duties of the post.
- To comply fully at all times with the policies relating to conduct at work.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.