£38000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
4 months ago
£38,000, plus holiday, pension, Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4pm (flexibility on these hours also available)
A fantastic opportunity to join a successful business on their site in Knowsley Merseyside. Our client has a Multiskilled team of 3 which they are looking for. This role suits someone from a facilities/building services background, and ideally electrically trained.
The role works in support of the Lab team on site, and reports Directly into the Lab Manager (a former Engineer himself) and covers the maintenance of their large laboratory and the rest of the offices and building on site.
This role suits someone who leads by example, likes being on the tools, with some extra responsibility, including management of workload and setting timescales for work. You might be a senior Engineer looking to step up, or a current Supervisor/Team Lead looking for a move.
The site itself has around 80 staff and is a mixture of laboratories, water treatment plant, test areas and offices.
This is a hands on role and is not one that suits someone looking to sit behind a desk and manage, its quite a reactive environment at present, and over time they would like to take steps to becoming more proactive, you and the team will be key to that process.
The site itself will require someone with electrical bias but with some fundamental mechanical skills as well, the client do use external contractors for certain maintenance on specialist equipment.
- Reactive plant maintenance on equipment on site and upskilling and training of the engineering team where possible
- Plan and schedule work for team.
- Review cases for small projects and work with the Lab Manager to arrange/schedule work ensuring all pre-work preparation is complete.
- Review work requests across site and commit to timescales once evaluated what is required
- To maintain equipment in accordance with the planned schedules and adhering to site and corporate safety standards (additionally identifying parts, further interventions and recommending changes to schedules as required). All associated documentation is completed in line with Company standards.
- To identify and purchase required spares and consumables for planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Undertake non-routine improvement work on facilities and equipment.
- Maintenance of sites facilities, including water treatment, plant rooms, AHU’s, lighting, access control, HVAC, vacuum pumps etc
- Nationally recognised Apprenticeship, or equivalent in an Engineering discipline preferably electrical
- 17th Edition or Equivalent
- Familiarity with Finance systems for Purchasing spares and services
- Performing Risk Assessments with a level of health & safety awareness within their environment
- Can identify training needs for both self and can advise on the training needs required by other engineers, apprentices and operators.
- Experience welding would be advantageous
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.