£45000 - £58000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
5 months ago
Our Client offers a range of warranty schemes to support the construction needs of Developers, House Builders and Contractors, from self build to complex high rise.
An opportunity has arisen for a Geotechnical Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Although they are based on the Wirral, this role is home based.
Purpose of the role
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will provide specialist engineering support to determine that designs submitted by Clients meet our criteria and periodic reviews of construction in progress to ensure compliance with best practice.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge and experience in civil/ geotechnical engineering consultancy. The job will require a motivated individual who is technically and commercially capable as well as a good communicator.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
• Undertake assessments of Structural designs for a wide range of building types, with focus on foundation design. This will include reviews from philosophy to detailed calculations.
• Review drawings, calculations and other related technical information to mitigate risk related to the foundation design.
• Liaison with clients, consultants and other external and internal stakeholders on technical matters - must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
• Provide technical advice on claims as well as undertaking site inspections and assessments when necessary on more complex claims to assess causes and identify remedial works.
• Provide advice to the Marketing and Underwriting Departments on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably required
Experience and Skills required
• Qualified Engineer (CEng. MIStructE, or similar) and minimum degree
(BEng/BSc/Meng) in Geotechnical I Civil I Structural or related discipline.
• The individual will be a civil/geotechnical/structural engineer with design experience in the following: foundation design, pile design, raft foundation design, ground improvements.
• Post qualification experience is essential.
• In depth technical knowledge of Structural Engineering principles applicable to Building Regulations, Eurocode, British Standards and other relevant construction standards.
• Have technical expertise in geotechnical engineering with a demonstrable understanding of the underlying principles.
• Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
• Ability to undertake site inspections to assess compliance with the approved design, Technical Manual, Codes of Practice.
• Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
• Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
• The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
• Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
• Ability to motivate self and influence others. Manage, mentor and develop supporting professional staff.
• Have the ability to learn and expand his/her knowledge.
• Excellent Communication skills.
• Flexible in personal approach
• Good report-writing skills.
• Full driving licence and access to a car for business use
Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm = 37.5 hours per week
Salary £45-58k per annum, depending upon experience
Home based with occasional travel to sites across the UK. Mileage will be paid, anticipate no more than 2,000 per annum.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.