€450 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 2 months ago
Our Client is an independent and family-owned Company, they provide industrial services mainly to companies in the oil and gas, energy, chemical, pharmaceutical and steelworks sectors.
They have two opportunities available for an Offshore FSO scheme in Nigeria. They are currently seeking an Electrical Supervisor and an Instrumentaion Supervisor for an on-going contract.
The positions are available from January. Rotation 8 x 4 weeks (14 days quarantine, 6 weeks offshore and 28 days home leave).
Local Travel, Flights, accommodation, food, medical insurance and local taxes all paid.
Rate :€450/day (work and travel); €220 / day quarantine.
• Organises on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
• Assists the Planning Engineer or the CONTRACTOR Maintenance Superintendent with the resourcing and suitable planning input to ensure a quality preparation and execution of all Maintenance and Inspection works.
• With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
• Ensures that COMPANY's HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
• Manages interventions using the CMMS
• Reviews all intervention reports in the CMMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field,
• Monitors (and in certain plant - Operates) the functioning of utilities and all equipment placed under his responsibility,
• Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
• Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this himself, leading others by his example,
• Manages and Coaches/Mentors the team of technicians directly under his responsibility,
• Is a member of the SITE emergency team,
• Carries out, at CONTRACTOR Maintenance Superintendent request, any intervention within his field of competence.
• Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed.
• Identifies, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any delicate operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand,
• Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements,
• Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements,
• Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts,
• Keeps track of any backlog of work in his area of responsibility and suggests corrective measures to
COMPANY and CONTRACTOR if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable,
• Suggests improvements and requests modifications.
• Verifies the quality of his teams' interventions by frequent on-site checks and final checks prior to hand•
back of large, critical or high integrity equipment to production after maintenance or inspection activity.
• Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measure
Qualifications and experience:
• Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
• 10 to15 years’ experience in the field of maintenance on oil and gas production installations,
• A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
• Specific professional knowledge: CMMS : SAP/R3
• Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
• Takes Pride in their work,
• Has the ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
• Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
• Languages: English necessary (score of >> 3.5 in standard Total test or Bright test or 780 in TOEIC), French an advantage.
• Must have proven ability as a leader of small teams.
• Perfectly competent and independent in his own field,
• Must show common sense and an organisational ability.
• Natural authority, founded on abilities and on the trust in the team is essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.