£40000 - £42000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
12 months ago
Days, Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm
Are you a Process Improvement Engineer looking for the next step in your career, or perhaps you are already a Process Improvement Supervisor or Manager looking for an exciting new challenge... this could be the role for you...
This is a brand new position created due to significant growth and on-going investment within the business. A leading FMCG packaging manufacturer is currently seeking a Process Improvement Manager to work within the Technical team. Reporting to the Site Technical Manager, you will have the responsibility for the performance and improvements of manufacturing processes and assets. Working closely with the Quality, Projects and Engineering teams.
Your remit will be to Identify, review, develop and implement process solutions using CI and Lean initiatives to improve operational efficiency within production across the plant. There are two direct reports within this role (Process Improvement Engineers) and you will have the opportunity to utilise your skills and experience to lead and mentor your team.
This business has a fantastic development driven culture and their growth looks set to continue. As such you will be given the opportunity to train & learn the business, products and assets via a dedicated min 12 week training programme with a view to further progress and develop within the business.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Identify process challenges by analyzing process data, metrics and stats.
- Identify opportunities, develop action plans and implement process improvements.
- Lead the technical team that will be responsible for process Optimization, and improvements.
- Facilitate teams to critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality, and control.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the processes and products.
- Facilitate teams on RCA
- Assist in promoting the implementation of best practices and lean manufacturing tools.
- Assisting with investigations on complaints and making recommendations for improvements
- Cooperate and promote culture change in H&S, environment and quality areas
- Monitor and measure the benefits of post process implementation to ensure product quality, efficiency, and improvement.
- Maintain and update all the process related reports, prepare these reports for leadership, management and the wider group
A minimum Green Belt in Six Sigma (or working towards) is essential for this role.
Ideally you will have experience within a similar role within Process Engineering, Process Improvement, CI Lead / Manager. Experience of working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment is essential (Ideally FMCG, Chemical process, Food Manufacturing, Packaging, Automotive or similar).
Please apply via CV submission only to Paul Bradley
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.