Competitive + competitive package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
9 months ago
My client are an international engineering and consulting group specialising in rail and public transport. With ambitious growth plans, this is an exciting time to join the organisation as they continue to develop and raise their profile.
The Permanent Way Engineer will join the Track team in York. The role is suited to a committed and ambitious Engineer who can demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills combined with commercial awareness and the ability to play their part in a dynamic high‐performing team.
They will produce permanent way engineering designs, studies and reports for railway infrastructure projects to achieve the required scope and quality and act as Lead Engineer on projects,
to ensure project budgets and programmes are achieved. They will also provide technical guidance to other members of the Track Team and take an active role in ensuring safe design practices are adhered to.
- Design of permanent way solutions for engineering projects in accordance with client requirements
- Lead projects and provide task guidance and monitoring of performance
- Provide project progress reports and updates to the Track Team Leader and Project Management team
- Achieve the scope agreed with the Design Manager/ Project Co‐ordinator regarding the effective delivery of projects to current engineering and safety standards
- Achieve personal and project targets including utilisation, delivering projects to budget and programme
- Assist in the development of staff to ensure the skills are available within the Track Team to meet business objectives
- Professional qualifications: working towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status
- Proficient at permanent way engineering alignment design and track components specification
- Proficient at computer aided design (CAD) including Microstation, Bentley RailTrack/ OpenRail and ClearRoute 2
- Knowledge of multi‐disciplinary issues associated with permanent way design
- Knowledge of construction principles and standards including RSSB Group Standards, Network Rail GRIP Process and Company Standards
- Knowledge of track engineering contract conditions and safety standards including CDM and CSM‐RA
- Flexibility in working hours will be required to meet the demands of the role
- Ability to travel to client sites and other offices will be required
- Knowledge of Track‐Ex, standard deviation production and dozer files production
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.