£38000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
23 days ago
£38,000, plus holiday, pension, Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4pm
A fantastic opportunity to join a successful business on their site in Knowsley Merseyside. Our client has an impending retirement which has caused the opportunity for a new Maintenance Manager to join the facility. The site itself has around 80 staff and is a mixture of laboratories, water treatment plant, test areas and offices.
The successful candidate will join as head of the Maintenance team of 4 and will be based on site working on a day's basis. The role itself is very varied and will be a mixture of hands-on Engineering, completing reactive maintenance and developing the team around you.
The site itself will require someone with electrical bias but with some fundamental mechanical skills as well, the client do use external contractors for certain maintenance on specialist equipment.
- Reactive plant maintenance on equipment on site and the development of PPM schedule and upskilling and training of the engineering team
- Plan and schedule work for team.
- Review cases for small projects and arrange/schedule work ensuring all pre-work preparation is complete.
- Review work requests across site and commit to timescales once evaluated what is required
- To maintain equipment in accordance with the planned schedules and adhering to site and corporate safety standards (additionally identifying parts, further interventions and recommending changes to schedules as required). All associated documentation is completed in line with Company standards.
- To identify and purchase required spares and consumables for planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Undertake non-routine improvement work on facilities and equipment.
- Deliver necessary training and development with Engineers in team as well as consistent maintenance of relevant KPI’s for the department
- Advise where changes to existing systems and equipment will facilitate efficiency improvements or direct cost savings to be made or improve compliance
- Maintenance of sites facilities, including water treatment, plant rooms, AHU’s, lighting, access control, HVAC, vacuum pumps etc
- Nationally recognised Apprenticeship, or equivalent in an Engineering discipline preferably electrical
- 17th Edition or Equivalent
- Familiarity with PC based CMMS systems
- Familiarity with Finance systems for Purchasing spares and services
- Performing Risk Assessments with a level of health & safety awareness within their environment
- Can identify training needs for both self and can advise on the training needs required by other engineers, apprentices and operators.
- Experience welding would be advantageous
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.