Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
6 months ago
As the Principal Engineer, you will form a leading role within a dynamic design team undertaking traditional, bespoke and innovative designs of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for Nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects, as well as support to operating Nuclear sites. The projects will principally be in relation to design of structures associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and electrical systems, but can also involve stand-alone civil/ structural tasks for a range of sectors.
Due to their vast experience within the Nuclear industry the client are often trusted to undertake projects through the entire project life-cycle, therefore offering the opportunity to be involved in, or lead projects from initial scheme and concept design, to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, right through to eventual decommissioning.
- Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas. Work encompasses the full - of a project
- Concept and Feasibility studies for multi-discipline design projects
- Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Tekla and Robot as well as producing hand calculations
- Preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision
- Liaise with Technicians in the preparation of Revit models
- Responsible for the management of project delivery
- Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development
- Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE, or working toward full membership of ICE or IStructE
- Experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork
- Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards
- Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards
Due to the nature of the work applicants must be British and eligable to obtain Security Clearance. Nuclear industry expereince is essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.