£39600 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Bonus, Sickness, Private Health and Dental
+44 (0)151 666 8999
9 months ago
Holmes Chapel (Cheshire)
£39600 – Mon – Fri – Days, Bonus, Private Health, Excellent Pension, Private Health (option to add partner and children), Dental Cover, 25+8 holiday, increase with years of service intervals, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, 24/7 employee care help plan
A fantastic opportunity due to an upcoming retirement for a time served Engineer with experience both electrically and mechanically to help lead their engineering team with the sites Engineering Manager.
Should you have a background working in either a Pharmaceutical or FMCG/Food Manufacturing Environment with experience sharing knowledge and developing those around you then this role might suit you perfectly. The role 50/50 based between being on the tools and planning the work for the team, scheduling work on the Maximo system and delivering training/coaching to the team.
- Plan and schedule work for team.
- Review Maximo for small projects and arrange/schedule work ensuring all pre-work preparation is complete.
- Review work requests in Maximo and commit to timescales. For those that are unclear, liaise with author for clarification and commit to timescales.
- Cover the day between 8am to 5pm with Team Leader.
- Undertake planned preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, repair activities and inspection routines on facilities and equipment as required.
- To help organise and participate in equipment and statutory planned shutdowns
- Undertake non-routine improvement work on facilities and equipment.
- Advise where changes to existing systems and equipment will facilitate efficiency improvements or direct cost savings to be made or improve compliance
- To undertake installation, commissioning and qualification activities
- To improve the operation of site services plant and equipment through the application of problem solving and continuous improvement techniques and liaison with original machine and packaging suppliers.
- Comply with site systems through the frequent use of and full understanding of engineering systems such as drawing management system, maintenance computer system and controlled site documentation (SOP’s and RS’s)
- Maintain familiarity with pharmaceutical systems such as change control, validation and EHS procedures to ensure compliance with company and industry requirements.
- Completion of cGMP documentation (e.g. log books, cleaning records) as required
- To maintain equipment in accordance with the planned schedules and adhering to site and corporate safety and c.GMP standards (additionally identifying parts, further interventions and recommending changes to schedules as required). All associated documentation is completed in line with Company standards.
- To identify and purchase required spares and consumables for planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Nationally recognised Apprenticeship, or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- NVQ level 3 in a secondary engineering discipline or completion of the site Modern Working Practices Programme.
- Computer literacy for site systems
- Experience post apprenticeship in an engineering environment within the pharmaceutical/food/fmcg or related industry
- Capable of operating in a multi-skilled environment with a high degree of ‘troubleshooting’ skills combined with the ability to make decisions and operate with minimum supervision.
- Can identify training needs for both self and can advise on the training needs required by other engineers, apprentices and operators.
- Strong team player with open communication style, the ability to direct and train operators, apprentices, suppliers and tradesmen if and when required
- Familiarity with PC based systems (e.g. Maximo, )
- Familiarity with Finance systems for Purchasing spares and services
- Performing Risk Assessments with a high level of health & safety awareness within their environment
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.