£35000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
6 months ago
Our Client is an award winning civil, structural, rail and transportation consultancy which is one of the largest independently owned consultancies in the UK with offices in London, Stockport and Warrington.
Due to successful contract awards with Local Authorities, aswell as commisions to work a number of high profile multi-million housing development sites an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Highways Engineer for their Stockport Office. Due to the pandemic this role will be home based, with site visits as and when required.
You will be responsible for designing highway infrastructure projects for local Councils, highway authorities and private sector organisations.
The role requires a ‘hands on’ approach and the application of professional engineering knowledge and skills to the design of projects.
Duties will involve:
The preparation of feasibility studies, designs, scheme drawings and calculations;
Preparation of contract documents and specifications;
Undertaking project management tasks for schemes;
Mentoring/managing junior members of staff,
Liaising with clients and supervision of contractors.
A working knowledge of the DMRB and current design standards/codes is essential.
Specific objectives include:
- Providing a high level technical service.
- Providing support, training and guidance to other staff.
- Developing and retaining specialist knowledge in certain areas.
- Reporting to the highways director.
- Liaising with other discipline team leaders to ensure technical integration.
- Financial and commercial management.
- Experienced in working in a highway design office which is essential, typically with at least 10 years’ practical design experience.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision/mentoring junior members of staff.
- Seeking increasing level of responsibility.
Competitive salary, benefits include:
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexible working.
- Organised social events.
- Free onsite parking.
- On-site cycle storage and showers.
- 5 minutes walk to Pure Gym.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Competitive salary.
- Varied work and early responsibility.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.