£50000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: 10% bonus, Call out 1 in 4 weeks (£3640 per year plus call out hours), Private Heath, Dental Cover, Days Based role, 25 days hol
+44 (0)151 666 8999
6 months ago
Salary £45-48k, Plus 10% bonus, Call out 1 in 4 weeks (£3640 per year plus call out hours pay), Private Heath, Dental Cover, Days Based role, 25 days holiday +3 days shutdown plus bank holiday.
Total package value circa 50/55k in take home pay
An exciting permanent opportunity to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool joining their Engineering team to look after the sites Instrumentation, Process Control and Software systems, including install, maintenance, calibration, fault finding and more.
We are looking for someone with a background working in a GMP Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices manufacturing environment, who likes to or seeks to take full ownership of their role.
This particular role will require the Engineer to be fully conversant with Instrument and process control equipment installation, maintenance, calibration and fault finding. Ideally, the engineer will also be conversant with maintenance and fault diagnosis (including software interrogation & management) of DCS, PLC, Delta V (preferable but not essential) and SCADA systems.
This role reports into the Engineering Senior Manager on site and will involve the post holder performing the day to day routine requirements including, scheduled and unscheduled PPM (planned preventative maintenance) tasks as well as more varied project dependant tasks.
- Carry out planned and unplanned preventative maintenance on all site equipment in accordance with regulatory guidelines and company procedures.
- Ownership of QMS related to projects, improvement work or instrument failure and root cause investigations.
- Ensuring all associated documentation is completed fully in real time in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensuring that systems such as HVAC with HEPA filtration, steam boilers, LTHW boilers, compressed air systems and multiple water systems are maintained as per their validated status, thus ensuring compliance with all quality procedures and regulations.
- Continuously strive to improve equipment operation and offer solutions for best practice.
- Ownership of BMS and PUC’s site control systems and independent monitoring systems.
- To participate in activities relating to corrective and preventative actions:
- Change control and investigation of deviations.
- Achieve compliance with all company and site SOP’s, written schemes of examination and production plans by forward planning for all tasks.
- Maintain a safe working environment by continuously promoting safety awareness, recognising and rectifying unsafe conditions and completing thorough investigations and reports when incidents occur.
- To understand and comply with HS&E rules and regulations with regards to the site.
- To communicate and co-operate with other departments such as Production, QC, Process Development and QA.
- To participate in special projects and validation activities within GMP and the Lab areas.
- To maintain the condition and completion of his/her own training file to keep up to date with the latest SOP versions/revisions.
- Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering Qualifications (min. national certificate).
- Time served engineer instrument/controls
- Extensive knowledge of Instrument Calibration and maintenance practices.
- Experience in supporting, DCS, PLC & SCADA systems.
- Delta V experience is preferable but not essential
- Conversant with IEE Wiring Regulations and their application in industry.
- Demonstrated experience within a cGMP biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical environment would be a significant advantage.
- Experience in GMP and clean room facilities, HVAC etc.
- Experience working with MHRA/FDA guidelines.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.