£38 - £40 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
5 months ago
3 months +
An opportunity has arisen with our Client in Manchester for a Structural Engineer to join their team on a contract basis. The team consists of ME, QS and Building Surveyors .
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years experience and have the confidence to express verbally and in writing professional opinion on structural elements of refurbishment projects.
You will have have worked in or on structural refurbishment projects for local authorities or for a structural engineering consultant who has done this type of work before.
- worked with different materials (timber, concrete, masonry, steel) for the remedial of buildings projects
- Conducted site investigations & surveys (visual & intrusive)
- Produced costs for repairs to buildings and written reports
- Liaised with contractors for repairs and supervised the works onsite
- Good communicator – attend weekly meetings with QS to advise on progress of projects, costs etc. Managing multiple internal & external stakeholders
- Proactive. Multiple projects at various stages which requires a person to be active to move them forward.
- Organised (methodical) with filing (letters/emails, photos, drawings, reports)
- Temporary works design (permanent shorting) – desirable, not essential
Contract until end Jan 20201
Hourly rate £neg (Inside IR35)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.