£10 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 days ago
3 months +
Our Client is a UK based engineering solutions Company. They meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts assistant to support their Accounts team in Preston.
The Preston Western Distributor Road is a new dual carriageway linking the M55 in the north to the A583 in the south. The client Lancashire County Council (on behalf of the City Deal) is delivering the scheme to support the North West Preston strategic housing area accommodating over 5000 new houses. The new road also improves access to the strategic road network and the Enterprise Zone site at Warton and the Westinghouse Springfield’s site at Salwick.
The Preston Western Distributor is approximately 4.3km long with a new Junction 2 on the M55. Other junctions along its length serve the new East West Link Road and the new Cottam Link Road, both part of the scheme. The East West Link Road (3.4km) and Cottam Link Road (0.8km) are both single lane carriageways. The scheme will also provide the opportunity for enhanced pedestrian and cycle routes by providing segregated off-road shared cycleway/footway connections to residential areas as well as with the existing Guild Wheel Cycle Route. The road also requires six major structures to be constructed, including two muti-span viaducts over the Lancaster Canal, Preston to Blackpool Railway and Savick Brook.
The project requires an Accounts Assistant on a short-term basis to help get through a backlog of invoicing.
The individual must be comfortable processing a large quantity of invoices. Other responsibilities may include:
· Accounts department administration and maintenance of filing systems.
· Processing of Purchase Invoices
· Liaising with supply chain and closing out queries effectively
· Provide accounts support to the rest of the team
· Ensure that the company procurement policy is adhered to
· Monitor open and GRN’d orders and clear / remove where necessary ensuring accurate costs
· Record and reconcile the corporate purchase card in a timely fashion so that both allocation and monthly accruals can be achieved in line with the period end dates
· Input cost journals, accruals and prepayments confidently and accurately to ensure monthly cost accuracy
Skills and Experience
· Demonstrable financial controls acumen
· Practical approach, logical thought process and a methodical way of working
· Strong analytical skills
· Ideally have knowledge of Costain accounting system E1
· Knowledge of Excel required e.g. ability to use formulas
· Experience working with Time management systems
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.