Competitive + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
10 months ago
The client are a global leader in public transport infrastructure specialising in the mass transit and rail market, managing projects for high-speed systems, traditional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
They are currently looking to expand their signature team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and HS2. They are growing their Engineering team in the Midlands and are actively recruiting an experienced BIM Coordinator with a background in drainage, highways or structures.
The BIM Coordinator will demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering, Transportation or Infrastructure sectors, to support the BIM Manager and Discipline They will lead to execute the day to day development, establishment and implementation of the BIM programme.
Strong CAD/ BIM and technical skills to support and oversee the production of 3D/2D dimensional models, quality checking and control, coordination and constructability analysis, is essential.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic BIM Specialist to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the Discipline Lead, BIM Manager and Production Team(s) in day to day BIM implementation activities
• Recording, store and maintain all formal correspondences related to BIM activities
• Supporting the deployment (hardware and software) and provide hands-on BIM software training for Project team members
• Developing and maintaining object libraries and catalogues
• Overseeing and developing where applicable analysis and 3D Design models and extract 2D geometry for review and submission
• Ensuring model(s) are delivered in accordance with the agreed TIDP, MIDP and CDE protocol.
• Developing and maintaining Quality Assurance and Control templates following the organisation's quality procedures and the project's BIM methods and standards
• Measuring and ensuring the quality for all BIM package submissions in accordance with project standards and requirements
• Performing quality assurance and control checks on model(s) to confirm geometrical and non-geometrical information compliance with the Project requirements
• Validating and exporting model geometry and data to schedules for design and commercial activities
• Exporting, federating and performing clash detection and provide visual walkthroughs of models
• Reviewing, monitoring and reporting on the development of clash interference and fully coordinated models
• Preparing models and reports for value engineering and constructability analysis
Required Skills and Experience:
• Degree in a relevant subject (Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management)
• Experience within Design or Construction on infrastructure projects
• Experience within 3D Modelling and Drafting, BIM Modelling/Coordination with Drainage or Structures discipline experience
• Knowledge of multi-disciplinary Design workflows and understanding of 3D coordination process
• Experience with International and/or British BIM Standards
• Proficient in a range of authoring, scripting, design review, coordination, simulations and collaboration applications e.g. MicroStation, AECOsim, OpenRoad, Micro Drainage, Navigator, ProjectWise, etc.
• Possess the ability to develop analytical reports and presentations
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.