£38500 per annum, Benefits: 39 days holiday
+44 (0)151 666 8968
10 months ago
As soon as possible
£38,500 plus generous benefits and 39 days holiday
Based in Warrington
Our client a global producer of speciality chemicals as part of continued growth is looking to recruit an additional Development Chemist to strengthen the existing Product Development Team based on the Warrington site.
- Co-ordinate and carry out technical-service projects, and formally report on results gained.
- Carry out laboratory work in order to meet project milestones agreed with Technical Marketing and Sales (typically cover 20 projects per year)
- Develop technical knowledge of polymer compounding and extrusion techniques and of additive types to facilitate new product development.
- Provide technical support to sales in carrying out trials and visits to customers as appropriate
- Co-ordinate the provision of safe systems of work within their laboratory area
- As directed by the Project Manager, assist with the management and maintenance of equipment to ensure that all laboratory and pilot plant work is conducted safely and conforms to relevant ISO and ASTM requirements.
- Effectively communicate progress and conclusions on projects to internal and external customers as required.
- The successful candidate should be a Graduate scientist with at least 1-2 years hands-on experience of polymer processing equipment, polymer additives compounding and masterbatch formulation.
- Job holder will have excellent laboratory and pilot plant skills including operation and interpretation of data from specialist equipment in addition to being able to execute a number of new product development and technical service projects simultaneously, either individually or as part of a team.
- Effective time management and prioritisation of tasks will be necessary in order to deliver against varied technical service and development projects simultaneously.
- Job holder must be fully safety aware/trained to a high standard and will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to team safety and safe systems of work on a daily basis.
- Job holder is required to be flexible regarding working hours as pilot and main plant trial work as well as lengthy experimentation work in the laboratory will form part of this role
Initial interviews will be held Remotely week commencing 26th October so please apply now to be considered.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.