£220 - £222 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 months ago
Our Client is a British technology based construction and engineering company. They have projects throughout the UK within the Civil Engineering sector. An opportunity has arisen for a Site Engineer to support with a Highways project in the South West.
The A30 Chiverton to Carland Cross is a Design and Build contract for 12.5km (8 miles) of new dual carriageway between Chiverton Cross & Carland Cross roundabouts on the A30. This is the final section of the A30 between Redruth & Exeter that requires dualling, the majority of the existing single carriageway A30 will be retained for local traffic.
The scheme commenced in April with the detailed design and surveys with the construction works starting late summer / Autumn 2020 for a period of 30 months
Scope of Works / tasks
The Site Engineer’s will include, but not limited to,
• Setting out on-site by various methods (GPS / EDM / Total Station, etc…) for all aspects of work whether drainage / earthworks / roadworks / ducting / site clearance / fencing / structures etc.
• Work as part of a team and assist all team members as & when required. However, be able to undertake site duties individually or seek assistance where necessary.
• Complete a daily diary of works being undertaken on-site with accurate & comprehensive details.
• Complete check sheet’s for quality standards, in accordance with ITP’s.
• Assist or undertake safety inspections & workplace inspections.
• Raise & issue permits as required.
• Undertake CAT & Genny surveys prior to excavation works commencing.
• Attend site meetings in relation to programme / safety / working areas
• Good communication skills with team / sub-contractors / general public / Client
• Be able to undertake site survey and produce sketches of survey work / construction sequences
Training / Competency Requirements:
• CSCS card relevant to appointment
• SSSTS or SMSTS certification
• Minimum 5 year’s experience in civil engineering industry
• CAT & Genny trained (optional)
• 1st Aid (optional)
• Safety Critical Medical (optional)
• Laptop (optional)
• AutoCAD (optional)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.