£32500 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Private Health
+44 (0)151 666 8999
7 days ago
£35k plus holiday, pension, private health
A fantastic opportunity to join a multi site, world leading manufacturing business with a presence in the world market for over 40 years and a manufacturing presence in 6 countries. Our client is looking for an Quality Control Manager to lead and motivate their quality team on site. The role is ideal for someone with a background driving performance, coaching and training those around them, as well as being a good problem solver.
Our client produces products that are used within the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and packaged goods industries, and boast over 10000 customers worldwide. Should you have a solid background within a chemical, pharmaceutical or adhesives background then this role might be of real interest.
- Supervise and manage the quality team technicians and provide guidance and feedback
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Completion of complaints and other reports where needed, running technical performance testing above and beyond standard quality testing
- Approve the right products or reject defectives and provide corrective actions with support from the technical and production teams to resolve and prevent future re-occurrence
- Dealing with day to day running of quality and associated tasks to include, complaint investigation, both internally and externally and communicating corrective actions
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis on all produced batches
- Monitor staff absences and conduct return to work interviews
- Plan resources to meet internal KP l's and customer expectations
- Complete periodic Quality Control checks to implement improvements
- Maintain QC specifications for finished goods and incoming raw material
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommend, and implement improvements
- Actively participate in weekly production meetings to discuss solutions to quality issues
- Technical Background - The ability to learn and understand the chemistry of the adhesives being manufactured to find root causes and to implement corrective actions
- Problem Solving - Proposes ways to do things differently.
- Provides workable solutions to solve immediate work problems.
- Actively supports new initiatives and tries different ways of doing things
- Decision making - Gathers information from a variety of sources to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- Asks others for input and help.
- Understands when to pass unresolved queries and issues to others.
- Teamwork and Leadership - Helps others with their daily tasks in a spontaneous manner.
- Challenges the norm and accepts all explanation with respect.
- Checks own understanding by asking questions for clarification.
- Uses and builds on initiative to gain support for ideas.
- Motivating and engaging
- Proactively and reactively helps customers in a timely and professional manner. Consistently meets company standards and any service level agreement.
- Developing Self and others - Looks for learning opportunities to meet the requirements of current role, in any format.
- Makes suggestions and implements improvements to personal work processes.
- Communication - Communicates confidently and checks for understanding. Understands how differing teams work together
Chemistry background desired to understand process and product being manufactured
Management experience of a quality team/department
QC experience in ISO9001 certified laboratory
Strong communication and excellent IT skills.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.