£30000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
7 days ago
Rushden - Northamtonshire
Circa £30k – holiday, pension, Mon – Fri, plus additional benefits
Please note you will need your own transport to get to site due to its location.
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of business with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries. Due to expansion the business are looking at taking on a Production Planner to join the team in Rushden, planning the production for a facility or around 300 staff with a scope to develop in the role to planning on more of a group basis also covering 2 other sites in the UK.
The role will have a close relationship with the 4 shift managers on site ensuring that all of the sites orders are fulfilled on time. The site supports the industrial markets, so works with clients like industrial cleaning, personal care, food, automotive and packaging markets, so is quite diverse and always busy.
Should you have experience planning production within a food, FMCG, packaging or associated business and be keen to develop your skills further in a role with scope to develop then please get in touch.
- Process and produce manufacturing and performance statistics as required.
- Process orders and with due regard to stock, identify manufacturing requirements.
- Generate and maintain production plans, work orders and Barco plans in order to achieve sales order requests.
- Communicate calculated and revised delivery dates to the sales team.
- Monitor and control stock levels.
- Produce and maintain monitoring information, liaising with production, other departments and customers via the sales team to ensure adherence to plan.
- Forward planning using Customer Forecasts.
- Assist with compilation of strategic plans.
- To demonstrate at all times a proactive and flexible approach and to carry out any other reasonable duties as and when directed by the Operations Manager.
- Prepare and develop reports using the Barco system
- Daily prioritising of machine numbers in line with breakdowns or labour requirements. This list is not exhaustive.
- All tasks are to be performed in accordance with current company safe working procedures and standard operating procedures. All quality duties performed in line with the quality manual.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages including excel and Word
- Knowledge and experience of using Sage.
- Capable of working as part of a team with relatively little supervision using their own initiative.
- Flexible with the ability to follow instruction and work in a high paced environment.
- Pro‐active in identifying ways to improve department efficiency.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.