£30000 - £33000 per annum, Benefits: 36 days holiday
+44 (0)151 666 8968
12 months ago
12 months and 9 months
As soon as possible
£30,000 – negotiable if needed
12 month and 9 month contracts
Based in Liverpool
A major pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is looking to appoint 2 QA Officers on a 12 month and a 9 month contract basis within their R&D function. The 12 month contract role is an ongoing position and the 9 month role is maternity cover. Please state on application whether you are applying to one or both positions.
QA Officer role Summary:
The QA team is responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring the QA systems for validation, GMP manufacturing, supplier management, quality control, batch review and release. The QA officer will take direction from and report to the QA Team Leader for definition of their individual responsibilities in relation to fulfilling the team’s role. The QA Officer must ensure that they apply the systems as show during training, and that they proactively participate in ensuring any non-conformances are fully reported to maintain the company’s commitment to patient safety.
- Implement Quality Systems in conformance with company Quality Policies to ensure compliance with cGMP in line with all licensed activities.
- Ensure that all data relating to a batch intended for release (including data for raw materials, equipment/consumables preparation, manufacturing records, QC records, nonconformances/ deviations) are collated, reviewed by the Production, QC and QA managers and provided to the QP responsible for release of the manufactured material.
- Participate in the change control procedure to ensure that all changes affecting the GMP areas are controlled to maintain compliance at all times.
- Participate in the evaluation of trends in non-conformances, environmental monitoring data, critical equipment performance and alert the QA Team Leader to any need for re-assessment of quality standards.
- Participate in audit plans and resource requirements, and internal and supplier audit programmes. Prepare audit reports and progress and corrective actions with auditees. Report progress and problems to the QA Team Leader.
- Support operational activities to ensure that materials and documentation of an appropriate standard are available and that manufacturing areas and equipment are released for use in a timely manner.
- Support QC activities to ensure that samples and documentation are supplied for testing, reporting and review for incorporation into batch documentation and release procedures.
- Act as QA representative on project teams, ensuring projects are managed in conformance with the company’s Quality Policies and procedures.
- Provide support and guidance to ensure that all validation protocols meet company requirements, current standards and industry practices.
- The post holder must possess a degree or equivalent in biological or pharmaceutical sciences and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a quality related role in a relevant pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a quality related role or function working to cGMP.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.