£21403 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Overtime
+44 (0)151 666 8999
19 days ago
Rushden - Northamptonshire
£21403 basic salary increasing to over £27k after completion of full training (average period 2 years)
Working hours being 12 hour shifts 7.00 – 7.00. 3 days on, 2 off. 3 nights on, 4 off.
You must be able to drive for this opportunity, as the site is inaccessible through public transport.
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of business with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries. Due to expansion the business are looking at taking on additional technical operatives to their expanding team.
If you have worked within an FMCG, Food, Automotive or General Manufacturing business operating machinery and are seeking to develop technically then this role could be for you.
Our client have a designated trainer who will provide full training on their equipment and get you up to speed with site health and safety.
Our clients manufacturing process involves using blow moulding and rotational moulding machinery, and will require you to monitor machines and maintain machine efficiency, make adjustments and complete basic maintenance so if you want to get slightly more hands on then this might suit you well.
The role is quality focussed, so you’ll need to be accustomed to working to meet product quality specifications and adhering to all appropriate Health and Safety procedures.
Our client will put you through a formal training, which starts at grade 1 and works through to grade 3, each of which comes with an associated pay rise and can raise your annual income to over £27k and also plenty of overtime opportunity as well as training you in other areas like FLT if required.
Should you have prior experience there is also opportunities to bring you in at a higher level.
- Ensure that everyone works in a safe manner, ensuring compliance at all times with Company policy and procedures regarding Health and Safety, standards of product quality, housekeeping and hygiene
- Comply with appropriate PPE requirements at all times
- Complete all necessary checks and paperwork, as and when required
- Keep product quality to products work order specifications
- Work closely with Auditors on any product issues
- Maintain machine efficiency, basic maintenance and changeovers
- Complete relevant checks on ancillary equipment and record when necessary
- Carry out general housekeeping duties, as and when required
- Report all hazards by filling in the Hazard Book
- Work as part of a team to achieve production targets
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.