£325 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 months ago
Our Client is a British based Construction and Engineering Company. They are currently seeking the services of a Section Engineer to support deliver a scheme at Gatwick Rail Station.
Reports to: Senior Engineer – Self Delivery
Objectives of the role
Part of the team responsible for the successful delivery of the self-delivery works on Platform 5&6 and 7. The Platform 7 self-delivery works include the construction of two escalator pit pile caps and a lift pit pile cap, retaining walls, service core walls and any associated drainage for the platform. Initially a temporary platform will be installed on Platform 7, to enable entry into service in November 2020. The permanent platform reconstruction is precast concrete, which will be installed early 2021 in line with agreed access to the operational railway.
The works on platform 7 are to be carried out in close proximity to the operational rail. It must be completed safely, to the right quality and on time. Creating a positive relationship with Network Rail and Gatwick Airport Ltd that enhances Costain’s reputation.
Platform 5&6 involves the construction of three pile caps for the escalator and lifts, installation of precast units to form the new platform structure and the coper/ tactile, blacktop and ACO finishes to the platform surface. The same operational interfaces will be present on the Platform 5/6 scheme.
Platform 7 involves architectural concrete finishes and development of heavy temporary works schemes to aid construction.
Ensuring all works are delivered safely in compliance to the Costain Way, Network Rail and where appropriate GAL process.
Specifically:• Conduct weekly TRM and engagement
• Support daily start of shift briefing
• Review, comment and approve TBS
• Ensure WPP’s produced are on time and to the correct quality to enable the Section Manager to approve
• Ensure all Network Rail and Costain permits are in place for works.
• Attend, support and lead SHE readiness reviews
• Ensure all GAL permits and agreements are in place for works that require it
Quality and assurance
Ensure all works commence with an approved ITP following an appropriate Quality risk review. Creating and supporting a culture of “Right first time” and managing suppliers to deliver “progressive assurance”.
• Conduct weekly quality surveillance
• Ensure ITP’s are produced by the supply chain on time and to the correct quality to enable the Section Manager and Quality manager to approve
• Attend, support and lead Quality risk reviews
• Manage site engineers to produce quality assurance progressively
• Facilitate and arrange independent checking of elements as required
• Produce and manage NCR’s where required
Programme and delivery
Ensuring we achieve the key milestone deliverable, completion of the physical works of Stage 3 (Platform 3&4) by 12th Mar 23. The following will be expected but is not extensive:
• Attend 12-week collaborative planner
• Ensure 4 week rolling programme is produced and is accurate
• Attend, support and lead co-ordination meetings
• Support the planning and delivery of possessions, resulting in successful completion of the planned works.
• Good communication skills will be required to ensure any nightshift or weekend works are planned, communicated and handed over effectively.
Ensuring that our works are planned and delivered without any adverse impact on the station, airport or operational railway. Supporting a positive relationship with the station and GAL and ensuring that the passenger experience is enhanced during the delivery of our works. Ensuring compliance to Network Rail and GAL processes.
Commercial and contract
Working closely with the commercial and planning team to ensure the contract is administered correctly with the Client and supply chain.
Build positive relationships with the Client team and meet their needs.
- Create and support a culture of wellbeing that delivers high levels of performance and productivity. Support the individuals in the team to flourish and develop.
Continuous improvement and innovation
Support a culture of learning, continuous improvement and innovation. Ensure that learning from previous project experience is embedded leading to improvement of processes and relationships.
Key qualifications and experience
Experienced in effective safety leadership and engagement Experience of delivering projects at a UK airport
Experience of working on Network Rail projects and being familiar with Network Rail standards Experience of working on complex station projects > £50m
Experienced Senior engineer (not new to the role) Chartered member of a relevant professional body or working towards this
Experience in developing and managing temporary works schemes
Experience of working alongside and closely with MEPT disciplines
Degree qualified in relevant discipline
Skills and Behaviours
• Must have a proactive “Can do” attitude
• Professional approach
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Able to set and agree targets and hold individuals to account for performance
• Able to provide respectful challenge and feedback to Clients, suppliers, senior managers and stakeholders
• A collaborative style that can bring teams and individuals together and motivate them.
• Have a supportive and inclusive approach
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- CSCS Managers card, PTS & DCCR
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.