£70000 - £80000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8918
8 months ago
My client is currently developing and strengthening their water and wastewater treatment process engineering capabilities. The role will focus initially on establishing their asset optimisation services in North England combined with developing the capability of the Manchester based Process Engineering team.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering (Water), the Chief Process Engineer is one of the company’s leading specialists in process optimisation, design and operation.
Responsible for expert strategic support to business development, work winning, growth and development of the function/capability as well as management of process engineering in the water sector across the project lifecycle.
- Leadership and communication
- Commercial awareness and business development
- Proactive, self-motivated and solutions biased
- Practical problem solver
- Technical writing skills
- Engineering IT, Business Systems and Software
Providing technical assurance and support:
- Technical leadership for work carried out by the process engineering discipline in the water sector ensuring that the process engineering discipline produces safe, sustainable, economic and technically sound engineering designs, in accordance with company policies and standards, meeting the Client’s requirements.
- Diving innovation and continuous improvement in the work processes and tools used for design work.
- Supporting the business development directors in a client facing role to develop opportunity for asset optimisation services as part of the integrated solutions.
- Developing relationships with Company Key Account Directors; Capability Account Leads; customers; supply chain and other third parties.
- Growing the capability and product offering of process engineering services to the water sector, developing innovative process-led solutions in the existing frameworks and capital programmes.
- Leading optimisation studies at feasibility and concept design stages, with accountability for quality, budget and schedule.
- Development of process optimisation schemes, initiatives, and solutions at both site and programme level. These schemes will mitigate risk, return sites to compliance, or enable low or no build solutions to be provided for new permit drivers.
- Providing technical thought leadership and strategic consultancy advice to clients and joint venture partners.
- Approval of process design calculations, reports, presentations and proposals.
- Allocation of work within the teams to ensure utilisation and promote the development of skills and knowledge with the team.
- Ensuring effective employee working relationships and communication.
- Ensuring that staff have the necessary technical skills and experience through:
- providing line management to assigned process engineers
- assessing staff for technical competence and ensuring deployment in line with their skills experience and assigned level of authority.
- identification and organisation of training and development needs for direct line reports
- provision of support and coaching to individuals as required
- setting of clear performance objectives, with assessment of performance and delivery of feedback
- A degree qualification in a process related discipline.
- Chartered Engineer and member of a relevant engineering institution e.g. CIWEM, IChemE etc
- Significant experience of wastewater treatment, water treatment and biosolids recycling plants.
- A background in an engineering consultancy or contracting environment is essential.
- Operational utility experience would be beneficial.
- A passion for driving technology, behavioural and transformational activities to add value to the service line.
- Experience in the full project lifecycle: scoping, outline design, detailed design, construction support commissioning and handover.
- Ability to apply relevant industry codes, standards and guidelines for the water sector.
- Proven background in process engineering definition including development of mass balance, data analysis, design calculations, technology selection, major equipment and package datasheet specification, process flow diagrams, process control philosophies and P&ID’s
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.