£35 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
10 days ago
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Street Lighting Design Engineer on contract to support their existing team. Role details as follows:
- The role will primarily focus on design, programming and delivery of street lighting schemes in line with the council’s asset management requirements, procedures and standards. The type of work could include LED replacement, deillumination of sign/bollards, upgrading of zebra crossings equipment schemes. Also scheme design for the council’s major roads projects, in our town and village centres, new build estates and other developer lead lighting schemes.
- Bringing recent, proven knowledge and experience in street lighting to the role you will work alongside colleagues in a street lighting team. Use your experience, knowledge and a practical approach to delivering a wide range of street lighting projects, using a range of equipment, whilst acknowledging the requirements of our citizens.
- Undertake or assist with project management to ensure the performance of those working on projects and programmes within your control eg. Council’s in-house delivery team, contractors, Northern Power Grid and others so that agreed targets of performance are achieved including costs, timescales, resources and quality.
- Manage customer, developer and councillor enquires on street lighting and in relation to schemes/ programmes ensuring a good quality and timely response and resolution to agreed standards is achieved.
- Spend a portion of your time travelling between sites, for which you will need a full and valid driving licence, and a willingness to undertake and pass a Council driving test.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.