£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8968
about 1 year ago
As soon as possible
£40,000 – £50,000 plus Bonus
Based in Manchester
A successful company based in Manchester who are going through ambitious growth plans are looking to appoint a permanent Senior Analytical Scientist who will be responsible for specialising in Method Development specifically Mass Spec and GC / HPLC.
- The successful candidate will have a good understanding of Sample Preparation and how this can be automated in the future as the company grows with the need to move away from manual to automated sample preparation.
- This person will work with external collaborators and scientific equipment manufacturers to select the appropriate equipment for the Laboratories as they move into the next phase of their growth as a business.
- Being responsible for the drafting and finalising the methods into company wide SOPs.
- Specific focus will be on Mass Spectrometry across both GC and HPLC platforms
- Lead research into new techniques and ideas to improve the business and what they offer their clients
- Provide a leadership role within the team and mentor and train more junior members of staff to realise their potential.
- Provide technical expertise around problem solving and troubleshooting
- Be able to interact at a professional level with clients and attend conferences and meetings where necessary across the UK and abroad
- Minimum qualified to BSc level in Chemistry or related subject
- Experienced in method development and validation of Mass Spec, GC and HPLC techniques
- Strong technical writing skills
- Mentoring and / or training skills
- Ability to work across multiple projects at the same time
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.