£40000 - £42000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
15 days ago
Our Client is a Privately owned, award winning Civil and Structural Design Consultancy. Due to an increase in workload they are looking for a Senior Highways Design Engineer to support them.
Reporting to the Highways Director, Senior Highway Engineer to design highway infrastructure (local roads and drainage projects, section 38, 278s) for Local Authorities and private sector clients.
The role requires a ‘hands on’ approach, application of engineering knowledge and skills to the design of highway projects.
Duties will involve:
• Preparation of feasibility studies, designs, scheme drawings and calculations;
• Preparation of contract documents and specifications;
• Undertaking project management tasks for schemes;
• Financial and commercial management;
• Mentoring/managing junior members of staff, liaising with clients and supervision of contractors;
• Liaising with other discipline team leaders to ensure technical integration.
Applicants should be:
• HNC/D or degree qualified;
• Experienced in working in a highway design office (essential)
• Up to 10 years’ practical design experience;
• Recent experience of preparing designs for local roads, junction improvements, cycling / pedestrian projects (essential);
• DMRB and current design standards/codes (essential);
• Team leadership experience – work with minimal supervision/mentor other staff (essential);
May consider contract for the right candidate
Circa £40-42k + benefits / Contract rate in the region £32 Ltd (Outside IR35)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.