£1250 - £1450 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8975
5 months ago
Rotation: 8 weeks on (including quarnatine period) and 4 weeks off.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start up in-country drilling planning operations and attend MNR meetings as required, etc.
- Assist the in-country drilling personnel with managing the existing inactive wells. Develop a plan for what is required to ensure well safety and monitor the inactive wells.
- Visit in-country the drilling rig contractors and service companies to assess their capability and equipment condition.
- Provide third party engineering QaQC for well engineering planning conducted in the Company offices.
- Daily monitor and review the JV partner drilling activities (DDRs, etc) and ensure their best practices and learning are captured and implemented into Company drilling planning and operations.
- Work with the Head of Drilling to develop a world class performance drilling team with goals for annual performance improvement.
- Assist Subsurface, HSE, Civil works, and other Departments with startup activities.
- Numerous other projects as directed.
- Manage day to day drilling, work over, well test, and completion operations.
- Fill in for Drilling Manager as requested.
- Show strong HSE leadership during the well engineering planning and execution phases.
- Follow up of the performance of the well with respect to established KPIs and develop recommendations for operational improvement. Monitor service company performances and review reports of non-conformance events.
- Support and organize peer assists, technical reviews, DWOPs, CWOPS, TWOP, Spud meetings, BARs, AARs, etc.
- Review annual drilling and completion and testing plans and budgets.
- Review drilling engineering studies to ensure optimum well design.
- Review the draft Basis of Design (BOD), Drilling and Completion Programs from Company and JV partners.
- Review scoping costs and engineering inputs to feasibility studies.
- Education: B.S. Engineering Degree preferred
- Fifteen plus years of Drilling, Completion, Workover & Well Test experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Significant industry training courses
- Current Well Control Certificate
- Must have good/excellent writing skills.
- IWCF or IADC Well Control. Drilling, Completion, Workover, Snubbing, etc preferred.
- Significant land rig drilling experience would be a plus.
- Experience with high levels of H2S and CO2 would be a plus.
- Experience with MPD drilling a plus.
- Significant experience with well testing and flaring sour gas a plus.
- Major Operator experience preferred as would be experience in Kurdistan.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.