£32 - £36 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
5 months ago
Our Client is one of the largest independently owned Civil Structural Consultancies in the UK. Due to an increase in workload an opportunity has arisen in Merseyside for a Drainage /; Flood mitigation Engineer to support them on a contract basis.
Role and responsibilities
• Providing responses to all planning applications and pre-applications on highway drainage infrastructure and potential drainage/flooding impacts as a result of new developments
• Discharge of drainage/flooding related planning conditions for approved planning applications
• Identifying and securing drainage/flooding improvements and legal agreements to support development proposals
•Managing the delivery of sustainable drainage improvements and flood mitigation projects to maintain highway drainage and minimise the risk of flooding
• Investigating flooding incidents that occur in the Borough
• Act as the Council’s LLFA representative engaging with senior managers, the public, Members, third parties, United Utilities, the Environment Agency (EA) and other Local Authority partners and representing the Council at Merseyside FCERM Partnership meetings (currently online)
•Working on bids for external funding (including EA bids)
•Experience in developing drainage/flooding strategies and policies (advantage)
It should be noted that there will be very little drainage design involved.
We need someone experienced to be able to work with limited supervision and without much technical support.
The role will predominantly involve working from home, however you will be expected to do occasional site / office visits and attend meetings in the Merseyside ara from time to time. (subject to COVID restrictions).
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.