£35000 per annum, Benefits: 30days holiday – Mon – Fri 6-2/2-10 rotating – pension – overtime – occupational health after qualifying period
+44 (0)151 666 8999
6 months ago
Wigan – Ashton in Makerfield
£35k – 30days holiday – Mon – Fri 6-2/2-10 rotating – pension – overtime – occupational health after qualifying period.
An exciting opportunity to join a manufacturing business with 120 years history, based just outside Wigan. Our client is a well known brand supplying the UK retail sector and part of a wider group of several businesses within the UK with sites also in Europe, Asia and Australia. If you have an interest in working in an innovative site, working as part of a skilled maintenance team then this role could appeal. Background wise were looking for a skilled engineer with an electrical or mechanical bias, suited to someone who is looking at getting off nights and get their weekends back.
The role is arising due to an impending retirement within the team, and you’ll be given full support on getting up to speed on the process and the equipment they use.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all production equipment;
- Participate in planned preventative maintenance
- Fault finding and repair of all plant, machinery and equipment;
- Liaise with external contractors;
- Should you have experience on Carding (used within textiles industry) this would be a huge bonus.
- Carry out checks and inspection of plant, machinery and equipment;
- Liaising closely with production team;
- Involvement in capital expenditure projects and continuous improvement.
- Will either be a time served fitter/engineer or have a City & Guilds certificate (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering including 17th/18th Edition
- Have experience in fault finding, repair and general maintenance of machinery, hydraulics, electrics and other production associated systems;
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work positively in a team
- Strong health and safety knowledge;
- Competent to attempt most aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering with little direction;
- Able to read schematic drawings and diagnose faults quickly & accurately
- Experienced with all aspects of pneumatics and hydraulics;
- Competent using MIG, TIG and electric arc welding equipment (desirable)
- Will ideally have experience in lockstitch and overlock sewing machines. Multi‐needle quilting machine experience would be of additional advantage (not essential)
- Carding experience would be advantageous
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.