+44 (0)151 666 8922
8 months ago
Due to ongoing expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join an expanding M&E consultancy based in North Oxfordshire.
The client has a track record of success in delivering low energy, sustainable design solutions to clients worldwide.
The Principal Electrical Engineer will run medium sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects. They will have a proven track record in the coordination of engineering project services and project management as well as strong client facing and stakeholder management skills. Their experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations and contractors will equip them to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships across the sector portfolio. They will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and will be capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in either consultancy or mission critical systems and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.Experience in the delivery of European data centre and mission critical projects is essential, and other sector experience including healthcare labs and clean rooms would be desirable.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Running medium sized projects
- Undertaking a client facing role in the development, design and coordination of engineering project services
- Design and specification of Electrical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products
- Developing Electrical engineering concepts and solutions
- Delivering proposals and reviews on Electrical engineering options
- Attending project design team meetings (occasional overseas visits may be required)
- Technical requirements and deliverables
- Providing expert technical advice and problem resolution to the design office
- Presenting design proposals/solutions to client and design team
- Sign-off engineering documents/schedules/drawings/calculations received from design office
- Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.