+44 (0)151 666 8929
12 months ago
We are seeking an experienced Associate engineer to be based in our London office with the ability to inspire others. You will currently be undertaking a lead role in detailed design and management with skills and experience in mission critical and data centre projects. You will have a proven track record in project management delivery for large projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, a wealth of experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships and business development of our sector portfolio.
Possessing excellent commercial and entrepreneurial awareness, you must be able to identify and develop new opportunities for our services in addition to having expert technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the sector portfolios. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience.
- Responsible for running of Major projects. Takes Team Management role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (majority of building types)
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- BEng in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract & business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of bs standards/ UK regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.