£32 - £36 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 year ago
To support the delivery of the Council’s responsibilities as Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA) and Highways Authority.
To assist in the technical approval of drainage designs associated with planning applications and road agreements in respect of:
• Approx. 1,200 planning applications per year
• s38, s278 agreements and Private Street agreements
• East West Rail and High Speed 2 planning and design consents
• Strategic sites advice
- Provision of advice on drainage submissions associated with Sections 38 and 278 Highways Act 1980 and Section 106 agreements under the Town and Country Planning Act.
- Providing support and guidance to the Council and external stakeholders on Sustainable urban Drainage Systems (SuDS).
- Responding to enquiries, requests and queries from Council Members, district councils, stakeholders and members of the public on sustainable drainage, especially on planning applications and highway schemes.
- Providing technical assistance and support on drainage issues to other Council departments including operational staff as required.
- Assisting in the discharge of the Council’s duties under relevant legislation including the Flood and Water Management Act.
- Co-ordinating planning consultation and communication of flood risk issues with authorities including districts, the Environment Agency and Thames Water etc.
- Assist in the development of major drainage improvement schemes as required.
- Contribute to the development of policies, strategies and plans for drainage and flood risk management as required.
Level 6 Qualifications or greater in a related subject, for example Ordinary or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Flood and Coastal Engineering or similar relevant subject.
Demonstrable experience of interpreting drainage designs using Innovyze MicroDrainage or similar application software.
Strong personal attributes to prioritise own workload, react positively and with resilience to challenges, make considered judgements and decisions and is accountable, sometimes at pace, work collaboratively and think innovatively about solutions to problems.
Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills in respect of working with technical and non-technical audiences and securing through negotiation the best outcomes in line with Council LLFA/Planning polices, strategies and programmes for communities.
Willingness to participate in further development to become fully competent in all aspects of the role and/or to maintain competence.
Understanding of Microdrainage
Substantial experience, and demonstrating skill, in providing high quality technical advice for planning applications consultations, consents and road agreements working always within consultation timescales/deadlines in a local government context and in collaboration with partners and stakeholders.
Substantial knowledge, and demonstrating application of, of policies, standards and legislation relating to the LLFA function, especially planning.
Ability to make site visits and attend meetings across the County.
6 MONTH CONTRACT (Inside IR35)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.