£240 - £250 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8975
15 days ago
the ECoW who will report to the Environmental Manager and work with site personnel to ensure the scheme avoids contravention of relevant wildlife law and complies with consent Order, including the Ecological Management Plan, Ecological and Landscape Management Plan and Invasive Species Management Plan.
The ECoW will also liaise with specialist licensed ecologists where necessary in respect of bat and badger licensed activities.
The ECoW tasks will include, but aren’t limited to;
- Reviewing ecological constraints ahead of works phases commencing,
- Giving tool box talks to site personal,
- Supervising vegetation clearance for reptiles as required,
- Conducting pre-construction breeding bird checks as required,
- Advising on the location and specification of necessary temporary construction fencing and signage for ecology, ensuring any specific pre-construction surveys (such as pre-felling checks on trees with bat potential) are identified and carried out.
- Overseeing the installation of multi-species crossings and any general ecological monitoring required during construction.
- The ECoW role requires an experienced ecologist with an excellent understanding of the construction environment as well as an excellent working knowledge of wildlife legislation.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ideally the ECoW would have a good knowledge of local ecology, the nature of the development and the species subject to the mitigation (breeding birds, reptiles, bats, badgers, non-native invasive plant species).
- The ECoW should have the knowledge and confidence to act quickly and decisively to help resolve issues.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.