£40000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8956
about 1 year ago
My client is a world leader in the production of scientific instrumentation for the Biomedical Industry. Due to growth, they are looking to recruit a Field Services Engineer to specialise in Digital Pathology support to their UK based clients.
They key remit of this role will be to communicate and perform effective set up of digital pathology instruments for clients across the UK. Applicants must have knowledge of digital pathology scanners and tissue micro array equipment to be considered. The ability to provide remote support, support product installations, training, coordination, and administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision is also required.
- Support instrument demonstrations, installations and networking of digital scanners and tissue micro arrays, software, and peripherals.
- Work closely with the Sales team to effectively perform remote and onsite demonstration of scanners and software.
- Provide remote support to customer install base.
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of customers’ network connectivity/ LIS technical issues and provides help in understanding of the appropriate use of digital pathology scanners and TMA equipment.
- Handles requests for the replacement of defective products.
- Completes, maintains, and processes relevant paperwork and documentation.
- Create and manage technical training presentations and delivery of technical product training.
- Work with manufacturing and quality teams to support product improvements.
- 3 or more years’ experience in Anatomic Pathology, Clinical or Research environment with
advanced workflow and computer skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Technical writing skills, ability to work with minimal supervision in a laboratory environment and in the field when necessary.
- Customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for effective resolution of customer issues. Customer facing skills are necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills are strongly desired.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.