£40 - £44 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
6 months ago
Our Client in West Yorkshire is currently seeking a Senior Transport Planner to support them on a contract basis. They will consider full time or party time applications.
looking to appoint an experienced transportation/highway development management professional for around 25 hours a week, for an initial six month period, to project manage the multi-faceted highway requirements for the delivery of their three main housing sites.
The individual will be responsible for the consolidation of a body of existing highways modelling and feasibility design that has been undertaken to support the recently adopted Kirklees Local Plan (Feb 2019), which allocated the sites for development. The Council is currently undertaking a variety of workstreams associated with the delivery of the three strategic sites.
The individual will be expected to be the responsible transportation representative for progressing each site and will be:
- Attending meetings with developers / partner consultants
- Liaising with statutory consultees / stakeholders
- Liaising with Kirklees Planning and Highways colleagues to establish phased delivery and proportionate financial contributions for these works
- Liaising with the Kirklees Highways Delivery team, and / or external contractors, to ensure that appropriate infrastructure is in place at the appropriate time
- Liaising with the Kirklees Major Projects Team to align strategic site highway requirements with on-going and future highway scheme funding bids
- Commissioning updates to various work packages, where necessary, and interpret this information to feed into the relevant evidence base to inform:
- Off-site strategic highway improvements to allow the delivery of these sites
- Access and on-site highway requirements for Masterplanning and planning applications for the sites
The rate is inside ir35, however very competitive
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.